The McDonnell Management Team
Timothy McDonnell, President
Mr. McDonnell founded the company in 1983 and has directed its successful growth as a provider of grounds maintenance, landscape, and snow removal services. Mr. McDonnell attended the University of Maryland and holds several licenses and certificates, including:
- Certificate Holder Master Gardener, University of Maryland at College Park Agriculture Extension
- Virginia Certification Pesticide Application Permit
- Washington Chapter ABC Construction Document Certification
- Maryland Department of Agriculture Certification License III A.C.
- Virginia Class A Certified Contractor
Jon Fritz, Executive Vice President
Mr. Fritz joined McDonnell Landscape in 1989. As Executive Vice President, he is responsible for Project Management and estimating for all government and commercial clients. He has extensive management experience in construction, engineering and design/build. He is a contracts expert and works with contracting officers in various governmental agencies. Mr. Fritz is a member of the following professional organizations:
- Associated Builders and Contractors
- Landscape Contractors Association
- American Nursery and Landscape Association
- Maryland Public Notary Association
- Washington Building Congress
Jorge Lopez, Vice President of Operations
Mr. Lopez has been with McDonnell since 1983, when he started as a grounds maintenance foreman and supervisor. Mr. Lopez has managed demanding projects for a wide range of clients, including the U.S. Naval Academy and the Humphrey’s Engineering Center (for the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers). As Vice President for Operations, Mr. Lopez oversees all McDonnell’s projects to ensure that their performance meets customer requirements.
William McDonnell, Water Management and Irrigation
Mr. McDonnell joined the company in 1988. He is a Toro and Rainbird Certified Water Manager and is responsible for irrigation system design and implementation. Mr. McDonnell played a major role in the design and development of the sculpture garden at the National Gallery of Art.